Cases Without Children

Complete Your Case In 3 Easy Steps

1. Questionnaire

Complete the simple questionnaire below and press the “submit” button. You’ll receive your own personalized paperwork in approximately 1 to 3 days [excluding weekends and holidays] via email*

2. Paperwork

You and your spouse sign and mail the documents back to us. We’ll take care of filing them with the court for you.

3. Final Decree

90 days after we file, you’ll receive your final Decree in the mail from the court – you won’t even need to go to court! **It’s that easy

*Your paperwork will come with easy-to-follow instructions to guide you through signing the papers.
**If you live in El Paso County, unfortunately, they require you to attend one brief “orientation” meeting at the courthouse soon after the case is filed, sorry.


Be sure to FULLY answer all the questions that apply. When you’re finished, hit the “submit” button. Your information is transmitted over a SECURE [ssl] server that encrypts it for your protection.

Image of SSL Guaranteed Secure badge for Calder Family Law's website

    Petitioner (You)

    Current Military?

    Co-Petitioner (Spouse)

    Current Military?

    Additional Info

    Wife pregnant?

    Do you both waive spousal support or maintenance?

    Do you, together or separately, own any real estate (house, condo, vacant land, etc.)?

    With regard to your tangible personal effects, furniture, appliances, etc., check the appropriate box.

    Do you and / or your spouse have any non-retirement investments, such as stock or mutual funds, etc.?

    Do you and / or your spouse want any provisions about life insurance in your agreement?

    Do you have any retirement accounts?

    How will you file your next tax return, jointly or separately? [Note, you must still be married on the last day of the year in question in order to file jointly]

    Does wife want her former name restored?

    Are there any restraining orders or protection orders, now or in the past, between you?

    Has anyone in your family received social services, such as food stamps, public assistance etc., within the past 5 years or child support enforcement services?

    We accept payment by credit / debit card [Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover]. We use a SECURE [ssl] server so your information is guaranteed safe.
    If you prefer, you may provide your credit/debit card information telephonically by calling (303) 883-9346.

    OUR FEE IS $299 if you wish to file your papers with the courts yourself OR $408 if you wish to use our optional court filing service ($9 of which is for postage & handling).

    Fine Print

    The above fees exclude the court filing fee – presently $230. If you opt to have us file your case for you, we will collect the filing fee from you later when you return your signed paperwork to us for filing.  The fees are based upon you submitting your information using our secure online questionnaire and taking delivery of your documents via email.

    Mr. Calder is providing unbundled document preparation services only and does not represent either party. It is your responsibility to obtain independent legal advice if you have any questions about the substantive law or your rights. This process is intended for simple cases only and is not suitable for individual legal representation in appropriate cases. The fees are “flat fees,” not time-based, so they will not be higher than stated unless you request additional services or changes to the paperwork after it is completed, in which cases, a modest revision fee will apply. Fees are considered earned and non-refundable once your paperwork has been prepared regardless of reconciliation of the parties, a party’s refusal to sign the papers, or abandonment of the case. 

    If Wife is having her former name restored, it will be necessary for her to have the final Decree certified by the clerk of the court after the case is concluded. That must be done by Wife in person or by mail and there is a modest fee charged by the clerk.  We do not do that.

    It is the parties’ responsibility to prepare, sign, and record any real estate deeds. Likewise, any car titles. We do not do deeds or car titles  unless special arrangements are made in advance for additional cost. 

    We Accept the Following Credit Cards

    Image of MasterCard logo indicating Calder Family Law accepts MasterCard
    Image of Visa credit card logo indicating Calder Family Law accepts Visa
    Image of Discover credit card logo indicating Calder Family Law accepts Discover
    Image of American Express credit card logo indicating Calder Family Law access Amex